Except for Thursday morning, this has been the slowest, quietest Thanksgiving weekend sale I think I've ever seen at the hellhole. I guess Michigan's economy is really hitting hard this year. I don't pay any attention to the things we advertise as the big draws but whatever they were, it didn't work this weekend.
Our back room is full to the rafters...literally. The lack of crowds hasn't helped to get rid of any of the overstock either. I found two carts of stock back there dated Nov 10th and Nov 11th. It was buried so far back that no one knew it was there.
Since the hellhole opened in 1990, the overstock for toys and Christmas stuff always went outside in the Garden Center under the tarps. Our new store director doesn't want it out there so it's crammed into the back room, leaving very little space for anything else.
The other day someone stacked two rows of 5, fully-loaded skids right next to our Fashions area where we keep our new stock and backstock. Those skids were so high that they nearly touched the ceiling. This morning my co-worker was back there getting some new stock to take out to the floor when those two huge piles of skids came tumbling over, just barely missing her. If they had landed on her she would surely have died.
Another co-worker was there with her when this happened. She immediately called the store director who was too busy to deal with it and instructed the co-worker to call the hardlines manager. She was also too busy. Those skids stayed like that for hours, teetering on the stock below it. When I left at 6PM, they still hadn't been attended to.
Says a lot about how management views us peons, doesn't it?
On a happier note, the guy that's going to be plowing the driveway came by tonight to put up some markers and to discuss the contract. I'm so excited about this. It's going to be wonderful not having to worry about shoveling before work and after work. I'm almost looking forward to the snow. Almost!
No comments:
Post a Comment