Saw the surgeon last Wednesday and was told I need surgery on my knee. They said they would schedule it as soon as Worker's Comp approves it. As of today I still haven't heard anything. I have this awful feeling that Comp won't approve it.
The house was struck by lightning 3 times Saturday night in what was the worst thunderstorm I believe I've ever seen around here. It got my DVR, even though it was unplugged but it came through the phone line which I neglected to unhook. Also, my computer will not boot up. I don't know if it was affected by the storm or what, it too was unplugged at the time, including the phone line.
This house is a lightning rod. It's been hit several times over the years. I've lost TV's, VCRs, phones, DVD players and my garage door opener...twice.
I spent nearly 2 hours Saturday night trying to control the rainwater that was flowing over the gutters and down into my garage. The drain in the middle of the floor was full within a few minutes and my sump pump died on me years ago. So I opened the back storm door and swished that damn water out with a broom while propping myself up on crutches.
I lost the battle, though. I couldn't keep up with it and the water seeped under the wall and into my breezeway.
2 comments:
do you have a whole house surge protector? they attach to the electrical panel and supposedly help quite a bit.
I hope you hear back soon about the insurance - mine finally came thru on the physical therapy.
Let me know what happens ~ Sherry
Oh, Hope!!! What next??? We sure hope things work out better soon!!! We keep praying!!! Uni and Bill
Post a Comment