I had to run to the bank this morning to get some cash so I could go to the dump. Less than a mile from home I hit a wild turkey. I saw it on the side of the road and hoped it would stop. But instead, it started to run, then took flight right into my path. I hit the brakes and swerved but I still hit it. When I went back to look for it, I couldn't find it. There was no blood on the vehicle, just poop. So I'm hoping it's okay. :o(
After going to the dump I decided to check on all my bird babies and eggs. I grabbed my step ladder so I could see down inside the Black-capped Chickadee nesting tube better. There are six babies inside. I'm not sure how old they are because I have no idea when the last one hatched. There were seven eggs laid but the last one didn't hatch. I couldn't see it inside the tube because the babies are pretty much covering the bottom.
Next I moved onto the Tree Swallow nest. Just one egg so far.
Then I walked back to the Bluebird nesting box to make sure all 5 eggs are still intact. Mama Blue and Papa Blue don't like having me around. I took some pictures of both of them but most were blurry.
I also checked on the House Wren nest. There are 3 eggs so far. I am tempted to destroy them because these little buggers are not welcome here but it's illegal to do so and I really don't have the heart to do it anyway. So far the adults have left my other nesting birds nests alone. Hopefully, they continue to do so.





No comments:
Post a Comment