3.13.2011

I Wonder if the Ground is Frozen Solid

Tomorrow I think I'll see if I can erect a pole to put at least one of the Chickadee nextboxes on. I don't like where either one is. I can't see them from the kitchen window and that's the best place to shoot a video so I don't bother the little critters too much. It looks like some birds have been removing the wood chips. I wouldn't know which birds, since I can't see the darn things!

I also need to fix my mailbox. It's leaning a bit (actually, a lot) to the left. The snow banks have been keeping it upright all winter but they're just about gone now.

I really can't wait til Spring. I'm getting a bit tired of the same old birds and hope to see some new 'lifers' during migration. 'Cheesehead' hasn't been around since I shot that video of him sitting on the Bluebird house. I miss the Bluebirds, the Orioles and the Hummers, too.

No comments: